Hope you all had a great weekend. Last week was an eventful week, with Milly’s 3rd Birthday and her party along with Paul’s Step Dad’s birthday celebrations. My goal for Milly’s party was a gluten free, refined sugar free spread. I found a yummy chocolate cake recipe (as chocolate cake is someones favourite… no surprise there), and was a hit with the adults along with most of the kids. It was very rich so you only needed a small serving. Recipe below:
Decadent Chocolate Cake – Easy!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (or 2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 2/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch teaspoon sea salt
For the icing:
- 1 cup cashew pieces, soaked in water for 2-3 hours, then drained
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180° C and grease a tin
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple, vanilla, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined, but be careful not to over mix mixture.
- Pour batter into tin
- Bake for until knife comes out clean – around 20 minutes or so. Wait until cold before icing.
For the icing:
1. Mix all ingredients with an electric blitzer until smooth. Ice
mmmm, don’t take note of the pink and white things on the top (they were the ONLY exception as Milly specifically requested these 🙂
On another note, the challenge! If you have been following us on Facebook you would have seen we are running a 28 day challenge starting Monday 12 Feb. This is going to be a goodie! More details to come!
Have a great day!
Paul “where’s my piece of cake?” and Krystie “can’t believe my little girls 3 already” Miller.