Happy Monday Everyone, hope you all enjoyed the beautiful sunshine over the weekend. Paul worked on Saturday however Sunday was family time, where we walked down to Hygge for a lovely Brunch (Paul ran), then back home to chill/play in the sunshine for the rest of the day. Paul made one of our favourite drinks, a Haymaker (sparkling water, fresh lemon, apple cider vinegar and fresh ginger), and we read books (well Paul did), and I made sure our children stayed out of trouble 🙂
For dinner, we had a roast lamb and all the trimmings, then to finish, we enjoyed homemade semifreddo. A healthy option if you are craving a little sweet as a treat. I thought I would share the recipe with you today.
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon (heaped) raw Manuka honey
- 300 mls double cream
- Line a loaf tin with gladwrap.
- Beat the egg and egg yolks with the honey in a pan on a low heat until the mixture is pale and thick.
- Whip the double cream until thick, and then gently fold in the egg and honey mixture. Pour into the prepared loaf tin, and cover carefully with clingfilm before putting it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn out onto a plate and cut into serving sizes (melts quickly).
- You can either eat as is, or make a chocolate sauce (80% + Lindt dark chocolate with cream), or a berry coulis (mixed berries heated gently).
An easy recipe, that is yummy and healthy.
That’s it for today. Have a great day and hope the bodies are not too tired today after the clocks changed over the weekend.
Krystie “stuffing my face with icecream” and Paul “are there seconds?” Miller